We started swimming lessons at the YMCA a few weeks ago.
The kids are enjoying every minute!
I do have to admit that I was a little nervous when starting lessons this year. Since birth, Jaxon has been scared of the water. He has been in swimming lessons several times and has always been around water, but nonetheless, he has remained fearful...until this summer. He just decided that he would start getting in the pool a few weeks before lessons. Thank goodness!! Now he is like a little fish, constantly wanting to jump in and swim around!
Ava, on the other hand, seems to have absolutely NO fear of the water. She will just run up to the edge of the pool and think she can jump (or fall) into the pool whenever she wants. I'm starting to think that this might be more of a problem than Jaxon's previous fear of water! Hopefully, with our constant nagging and getting onto her, she will figure out the pool rules!
Here's a few shots of their first night of lessons, courtesy of Aunt Emily and Aunt Abby...
The kids are enjoying every minute!
I do have to admit that I was a little nervous when starting lessons this year. Since birth, Jaxon has been scared of the water. He has been in swimming lessons several times and has always been around water, but nonetheless, he has remained fearful...until this summer. He just decided that he would start getting in the pool a few weeks before lessons. Thank goodness!! Now he is like a little fish, constantly wanting to jump in and swim around!
Ava, on the other hand, seems to have absolutely NO fear of the water. She will just run up to the edge of the pool and think she can jump (or fall) into the pool whenever she wants. I'm starting to think that this might be more of a problem than Jaxon's previous fear of water! Hopefully, with our constant nagging and getting onto her, she will figure out the pool rules!
Here's a few shots of their first night of lessons, courtesy of Aunt Emily and Aunt Abby...
No comments:
Post a Comment